Thursday 24 June, 6:30-8:45pm AET (NSW)
Full Price: $85
Conc Member: $55
So, you’ve finished writing your book and are preparing to publish it – congratulations! Now comes the real challenge: getting it into the hands of readers. Join publicist Léa Antigny for insights and advice on how book publicity really works – and how the media landscape has changed since COVID-19.
Over her career, Léa has managed media campaigns for many beloved Australian authors, including Kim Scott, Di Morrissey, Fiona Wright, Krissy Kneen, and international authors including Mary Norris, Pamela Paul and Ta-Nehisi Coates.
In this seminar, she will cover:
- Understanding the media: the avenues available for coverage of various genres and authors, media lead times and requirements
- Finding and framing the best media angles for yourself and your book
- Tips for writing a good press release and communicating with media
- Maintaining a fun and effective social media presence to assist in promoting yourself and your book
- Using social media to find your community and network with booksellers, other authors and publishers
Connecting with booksellers in person