As a literary journalist and critic, Thuy On was surprised to find she was compelled to write a book of poetry inspired by one of the more difficult periods of her life.
For years, I dodged and deflected the question, ‘So, when are you going to produce a book?’ There was simply no desire, I responded tersely, to write one myself as I was perfectly happy minding my own business as a literary journalist and critic. Forever inundated with the latest releases touted by teams of chirpy publicists, I had no wish to add to the pile of books to be released to unsuspecting readers.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today