Behrouz Boochani, a Kurdish-Iranian refugee, has won the $100,000 Victorian Prize for Literature for his first book, No Friend But the Mountains: Writing from Manus Prison.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Translator Omid Tofighian holds his phone to the microphone so that Behrouz Boochani can speak to the crowd. Photo credit: Andrew Wrathall, Books+Publishing.