With a book that proves ‘telling the truth still matters’, Goorie writer Melissa Lucashenko says it is ‘gratifying’ and ‘bizarre’ to win the Queensland Premier’s Award.
The Queensland Literary Awards were announced tonight at a ceremony at the State Library of Queensland, with a total of $253,500 awarded for both published and unpublished works. Queensland writers took home eight of the 15 prizes.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today