Wiradjuri author Tara June Winch has won one of Australia's most prestigious awards for her novel The Yield.
Tara June Winch has been named the winner of the 2020 Miles Franklin Award for her novel The Yield (Penguin Random House). Winch receives $60,000 in prize money for a book that was characterised as 'haunting and accomplished' by a judging panel that included The Australian journalist Murray Waldren, academic and literary critic Dr Melinda Harvey and Sydney bookseller Lindy Jones.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today