Scientists have developed an algorithm which they claim can predict the commercial success of a book with 84 per cent accuracy.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Using the technique ‘statistical stylometry’, which appears more suited to maths nerds than literary ones, scientists sought to determine what connection, if any, there was between writing style and successful literature based on a range of factors.