When ancient Rome set a priority to send the navy to Egypt to bring dazzlingly white sand for the Coliseum arena, rather than wheat to make bread, historians identified a first presage of imminent decay. This anecdote of the decline of the Roman Empire might seem a stretch but the “Blockbuster” art exhibition – at face value a seemingly modern hybrid of art and entertainment spectacle – has been d
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today