Publishing is a challenging industry – one that has always needed to respond to change. Finding the right reader is the next challenge.
Are publishers struggling to find readers? Are readers no longer as interested in discovering unknown books? Perhaps the answer is twofold. These days publishers compete for readers attention. Amongst podcasts, streaming services, and the ease of digital, habits have changed. We now consume a greater volume of content in our daily lives and the noticeable drop in a person’s average attention span is well documented. That doesn’t mean we aren’t reading books though. The better question might be, where does reading fit into this larger picture?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today