Comic creators have been wrestling with contemporary Australia and its identities in a series of publication coming out this year. What they show is a nation divided by racism and on a collision course with dystopia rather than being ‘one and free’.
A pair of young hopefuls enter a stinking, post-apocalyptic port town. Three young women of colour are screamed off a bus to the deafening silence of the other passengers. Five primary school children face off against angry dragons in an alien arena. A Hazara asylum seeker dies in custody at the Villawood Detention Centre in 2013.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today