According to a Deakin study, almost a third of rainbow families struggle to find representation in LGBTQI+ children’s books. Booksellers say the lack of Australian representation in queer children's titles is also a problem.
Preliminary findings from a new Deakin University research study show that almost a third of 'rainbow families' (a family in which the parent or parents are same-sex attracted) struggle to find books to share with their children which adequately represent their family lives.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today