When taking on the task of illustrating Bruce Pascoe’s new children’s book, Kestin Award winner Charmaine Ledden-Lewis found connections with her own family history of the Stolen Generation in Pascoe’s words.
'A dream' was how Bundjalung illustrator Charmaine Ledden-Lewis described working on children’s book Found with award-winning author Bruce Pascoe. Since her first reading of Pascoe’s manuscript, Ledden-Lewis discovered that artistically she went on a completely different tangent to the author's initial concept.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today