Location: Melbourne CBD
Part Time - 4 days a week (0.8)
Want to be a vital part of Australian arts journalism?
We’re hiring a Reviews Editor/Feature Writer who assigns and edits reviews for performing and visual arts, books and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to pitch your feature articles to be published on Australia’s leading online resource for professionals working in the arts. With over 500,000 page views to our sites each month, ArtsHub gives you the opportunity to write for a national audience and work within a dynamic team of writers and editors.
Please note: This fixed term role (April-November 2019) is to fill a maternity leave vacancy.
- Commissioning and editing reviews content and editorial.
- Initiate, source and produce editorial content that will engage readers and drive increased views on the ArtsHub and Screenhub sites.
- Research, write and upload sponsored content, co-ordinating with BDMs and clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Grow our social media engagement.
- Contribute to other ArtsHub and Screenhub editorial activities, including:
- Create content including text, images and video with speed and accuracy, to meet high standards of reliability and contribute to making ArtsHub and Screenhub the 'go to' destination for the arts and screen sectors online.
- Sub-edit and peer review copy from other members of the team and contributors.
- Edit and upload eDMs.
The successful applicant will meet the following selection criteria:
- Sound editorial skills including the ability to work with a style guide to maintain consistency and quality.
- A high level of written communication skills ideally with a portfolio of previous features and reviews.
- Understanding of social media including the ability to find new angles and amplify stories to advocates
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Experience working with content management systems and eDM platforms
Applicants should respond with a covering letter, 1-2 samples of your writing and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is : Friday 29th March 2019