About the Course
The Diploma of Entertainment Journalism is ideal for students wanting to work in journalism and media for the entertainment industries. You will be taught and mentored by industry experts who are currently working as entertainment journalists, bloggers and social media managers. You will also learn from those who write for print and online entertainment magazines and publications.
You will undertake fundamental units such as feature writing, social media, video and digital journalism, as well as entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, music, performance and screen journalism. Collarts also offers students a variety of real-life industry experiences so that they are career-ready when they graduate. Students graduate with a well-rounded understanding of the media industry in Australia and overseas.
The Diploma of Entertainment Journalism develops fundamental units such as feature writing, social media, video and digital journalism, entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, music, performance and screen journalism. Students also gain a well-rounded understanding of the media industry in Australia and overseas.
Throughout the Diploma, you will:
- Discover journalism across music, fashion, film, television and lifestyle;
- Develop research, writing and communication skills;
- Understand best practice in the current media landscape;
- Expand knowledge and experience in video and digital journalism;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of publicity, social media and feature writing;
- Secure valuable insight into the entertainment industry and access career pathways.
How To Apply
If you dream of a career as a Journalist, Editor, Podcaster, Videographer, Mobile Journalist, Social Media Manager, Blogger or Entertainment Publicist, this course is for you.