The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards have a proud history, both in celebrating achievement by Australian writers and in helping to establish values and standards in Australian literature.
Entries for the 2019 Awards are open and closing soon.
The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards offers awards in the following categories:
• Christina Stead Prize for Fiction ($40,000)
• UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing ($5,000)
• Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-fiction ($40,000)
• Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry ($30,000)
• Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature ($30,000)
• Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature ($30,000)
• Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting ($30,000)
• Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting ($30,000)
• Multicultural NSW Award ($20,000)
• NSW Premier’s Translation Prize (biennial) ($30,000)
Submitted works must have been first published, performed, screened or broadcast and made publicly available between 1 October 2017 and 30 September 2018.
Nomination forms and guidelines for the awards are available online.
Entries will close on Monday 15 October 2018 5pm.
For more information please contact: Senior Project Officer, Awards, State Library of NSW (02) 9273 1605 or (02) 9273 1582 or visit sl.nsw.gov.au/about-library-awards/nsw-premiers-literary-awards