Seeking a qualified and experienced Manuscript Assessor/Editor to volunteer a few hours to assess a children's book and provide a written report.
The book has been donated to Gunawirra in New South Wales which is a not-for-profit PBI (Public Benevolent Institution) organisation made up of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals and specialists working side by side for Aboriginal young women, men and their children from the ages of 0 to 5.
We are looking for someone who can advise about:
- Book title
- Structure of the storyline
- Sentence structure and language
- Word length and reading level
- Number of pages
- Consistency and continuity
- Identify errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Proofread for literals, or errors that have crept in during the process of re-writing and editing
- Style of pictures
- Placement of pictures
We are looking for a report (minimum 500 words and maximum 1,000 words) using the above criteria as sub-headings.
Applications should include your CV and a short note explaining your interest in the project plus when you are available to complete the assessment. If available, please include a link to your website. Note: The closing date is Tuesday 30 May but the position may be filled before then so please apply ASAP.
Please send your application to:
Mobile: 0423 772 686