Macquarie University, Sydney Australia
About the Course
Media creatives – curious, engaging and innovative individuals – are skilled at identifying, communicating and contributing to new trends in the industry. Journalists – inquisitive, persistent and tough – have a nose for uncovering the truth, a passion for current affairs and the ability to tell compelling stories across a range of convergent and online media.
This double degree will develop your expertise and entrepreneurial knowledge in both journalism, and the media and creative industries, so you have the skills to produce, publish, distribute and promote media and creative projects across a range of platforms and in a real-world context.
- You’ll have access to state-of-the-art media and production facilities, including a high-tech digital newsroom.
- Your teachers are award-winning writers, filmmakers, documentary makers, broadcasters, and audio and music specialists.
- You’ll develop an understanding of how the creative media industries are structured and operate in a global context.
- You can study units that explore a wide range of approaches to production, distribution and audience engagement.
- You’ll be encouraged to create and broadcast a range of audio, visual, textual and social media, allowing you to gain practical experience.
- You’ll develop skills that allow you reflect on and adapt to an increasingly converged, digital environment.
- This course has been designed in consultation with industry and international partners.
Arts, media or other graduates who wish to develop more creative media skills, as well as aspiring or current journalists.
Minimum admission requirements
• Australian level 7 Bachelors Degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field
• GPA of 4.50 (out of 7.00)