Faber Writing Academy
About the Course
with Erica Wagner + Tohby Riddle + Ursula Dubosarsky
Saturday 12 November 2016
Allen & Unwin - Sydney
83 Alexander St
Crows Nest NSW 2065
(Please note access is via stairs)
Course fee: $295 (inc. GST)
This one-day course offers new writers for children an understanding of what goes on inside a publishing house, how publishers make their choices, how to give themselves the best chance of publication and what to expect from the publishing process. It also provides an opportunity to discuss the author-publisher relationship with an experienced author and illustrator.
The program will include feedback on your work and will address the much-asked questions:
- What are publishers looking for?
- Which publishers should I submit to?
- What should I submit?
- How can I polish my writing?
- What makes a persuasive covering letter?
- Do I need an agent?
- What should I know about genres, age groups and the current market?
- What happens once my book is accepted?
- How can I make the most of the publishing relationship?
This workshop requires you to send in a sample of your writing and to think about how to pitch your book. See 'How to apply' for further details.
The course includes:
- A full day of intensive tuition from 10am to 4pm
- Lunch and regular tea and coffee breaks
- A 10% discount on full priced books purchased at any Readings shop - the official bookseller for the Academy (not valid for online purchases, other offers, lay-bys or special orders)
Book soon to avoid disappointment.
Student testimonials from the course in Melbourne:
'I don't think anything could be improved, I found it amazing... so much valuable information.' Amanda (2015)
'Every question I had was answered.' Juliet (2014)
'It was good to get an honest picture of children's publishing from those in the business. Very interesting.' Kelli (2014)